Sunday, January 7, 2018

Needed to share

OK!  So!

I know, I should not be trying to share this information until the cards come in, but I got a bunch of incoming notifications for items that will be coming in via CardSphere.  This type of interaction with a trading site is another reason why I am really thinking of just going 100% to CardSphere.  The flexibility of the site is just crazy and I needed to share what might be happening.

So while I was at GP Minneapolis in 2017, when I was trading some of my sealed product for sealed product I still needed, I decided to get all the From the Vault boxes again.  I had been working on my CUBE and thought it would be a really good idea to open up all my FTV sets to foil out that CUBE, and that was a pretty stupid idea.  This left me with all the FTV sets opened and I no longer had them sealed up for collecting.

At GPMin I was able to pick up a hand full of the FTV sets, so I figured I would get them sealed again.  At first I was just going to see if I could pick them up through eBay and at LGS's when I would go shopping.

Insert CardSphere here.

They decided to add sealed product to their site and you could add what you were looking for in the hopes that someone would send it to you.  They only added them with the MSRP pricing, so you needed to adjust how much you were willing to pay for them in the hopes to match the market prices, and then you just sit back and wait.

I do have to add, that the hopes in which I would get any of this product was slim to none.  I was actually planning on how I was going to withdraw the cash from my balance to pick up sealed product I was looking for.  I could actually find a lot of the things I was looking for on eBay for cheaper, so I would just have to deal with the 10% charge for the cash I was going to pull out, and then buy up everything I needed.

Lucky for me, CardSphere just added a feature where you can Explore the Best Offers out there.  Basically they have featured the best percentage someone was willing to pay for specific items.  This in turns create opportunities for other traders where they can see that others with balances are willing to pay for items, and they can actually go out and shop around for the items in need.  If they can find it for less than what the trader is willing to pay, then they could pull a profit.

That is what happened to me.  I have posted FTV: Legends, FTV: Realms, and FTV: Dragons at the low low price of $174.95.  This is 500% more than the MSRP price of $34.99 on each of the sets.  I can only assume that someone went out and found FTV: Legends and FTV: Realms for less than $174.95, bought those on what ever site they found them at, and had them shipped to me.  Once they get delivered they will be collecting the higher price within CardSphere.



This is seriously awesome!  This could allow me to keep trading cards on CardSphere, gaining a balance, and getting sealed product without pulling cash out.  That way I can keep getting items with selling the cards I just don't need, so it is all up side for me.  I am getting rid of bulk, and getting things I am looking for.  Almost like I am using the CardSphere site as a head hunting service.

People can see what people really want and are willing to pay a premium for those items, allowing others on the site to go out and full fill orders.

So yeah, lets wait and see what I get in the mail, and how things are turn out, but I have hope that this will end up as great news for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...