Monday, January 22, 2018

From my Vault...

What a long trade with a happy ending.

Starting at the beginning, I had added some Wants on CardSphere for 3 From the Vault sealed boxes that I was missing since I had opened the ones I had for a Cube that never became real.  Forward up a bit, I was contacted by a trader saying that they were going to be sending me a couple, in which I returned a "woot!"

Forward a bit more, and this showed up in my PO Box:

The excitement was in the air, considering the thought that I could trade away my cards on a site to build up a balance, and then receive in return items that I truly am in need of.  Such beauty of the simple things.

To someone that has been trading for a while online with multiple sites to do so, with the goals of collecting everything that WoTC has ever produced, the thought of having to actually pay for items is not very far from the goals once they are written down.  So to say that I am excited to not need to pay for these items is making things light hearted.

Forward a little bit more and this showed up:

And looking at this, with following my blog, you can only assume the words, "Mother Fucker!" exited my mouth.

With calming my fingers, I went to the Messages part of the CardSphere site and slowly wrote up a polite chat with the sender to let them know that the wrong FTV showed up.  He had mentioned to me earlier that he had gone out and purchased said sets to be sent to me in exchange of signing up on CardSphere and taking the responsibility to getting me these sets himself.

With having just said that, and the steps that I have taken, and having been on other trading sites I was expecting pain and suffering.

Lucky me, this trader was a very stand up bloke!  He requested pictures, I request an e-mail to share sensitive data, and things got started.  Normally I would just done the photo thing of the FTV set and shipping labels, pushed them up on imgur, and shared the link, but in this situation I decided against that because of all my personal goodies that were present on the shipping label.

Having sent the proof of the mistake he had agreed to contact the seller to see what we could do.  Again, we ended up on the lucky side of the coin and the seller agreed to the mistake and was going to send the corrected set along with a prepaid shipping label and bubble mailer.  All I needed to do was check my PO Box, gather said package, and send back the incorrect package.

In all my years of trading, this has to be one of the better outcomes on a mistake in a long time.  Normally there is name calling, blood oaths broken, and family that is kidnapped in order to correct.  Everyone in this case was pretty great to work with.

So yeah, ventured into the snow storm this morning to head up to my local post office and picked up this beauty!

I did open it all up at the Post Office, checked the contents before I loading up the bubble mailer and sending out.

So now I just need the FTV: Dragons and I can have a full set of Sealed FTV sets in the collection again.  Once they correct the bug where I can only increase the price by 500%, I will set a market price on my Want, and it will for sure get sent to me.  If not, I will just keep sending more cards out and just cash out enough to pick up.  I just don't want to have to take the 10% hit, and maybe someone will see this as an opportunity and pick it up for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...