Monday, May 22, 2017

Couple of Trades and a Spec

Card Count: 724

Got a couple trades in, and things are good.  Majority of the cards are from older core sets, and that right now are the big numbers.  Both were first time traders that I had never had any business with before.

Here is the first trade.

Great add because I did not have any of these for 7th Edition.

Then there were these.

These I needed for the collection.


These are speculations but more to come on this.


These were added because he was missing a card that we agreed upon.

I also did a little speculation this weekend.  I know I said I was not going to do any more of this, but I figured I would start picking up some of the Invocations.


I was able to pick up an Invention Sword of Feast and Famine, but most of these were lower cost ones.

Invocations
- Aven Mindcensor
- Wrath of God
- Austere Command
- Divert
- Consecrated Sphinx

Since I was there, I decided to pick up some cheaper cards that were out of rotation, or going out of rotation.

4 Omnath, Locus of Rage (Battle for Zendikar)
- Landfall creature creation

4 Part the Waterveil (Battle for Zendikar)
- Take a turn, but really it is a Aetherworks Marvel play

4 Ephara, God of the Polis (Born of the Gods)
- I just like White / Blue

4 Shaman of Forgotten Ways (Dragons of Tarkir)
- Mana dork with extra abilities with life gain

4 Temporal Trespass (Fate Reforged)
- Take an extra turn

4 Cataclysmic Gearhulk (Kaladesh)
- Better Balance with a creature

4 Empty the Pits (Khans of Tarkir)
- Zombie apocalypse is coming

8 Soul Conduit (New Phyrexia)
- EDH Play

4 Inverter of Truth (Oath of the Gatewatch)
- No idea on this one

4 Mirrorpool (Oath of the Gatewatch)
- Copy land, just kind of gave this a shot

4 Seasons Past (Shadows Over Innistrad)
- Graveyard return, and more than one

4 The Gitrog Monster (Shadows Over Innistrad)
- Cycling play

20 Ugin's Nexus (Khans of Tarkir)

I find it funny because there were a lot of these that I picked up from a trade, and makes me feel a little better to know that what I think could be a good card is the same no matter what I am doing.  I know, you are wondering why I picked up so many of those Ugin's Nexus?

Come on, really?


I mean look at this.  5 Colorless mana, and if it goes away from the battlefield I get to take an extra turn.  It is also Legendary.  So that means I could cast one, then next turn and cast another one, forcing one to the graveyard and I get to take another turn.  It is also colorless, need I say Mishra's Workshop.  Oh yeah, and if your opponent tries to take another turn, they skip it instead.  I know that the the cost might be high, but seriously I think this has a nice road to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...