Sunday, November 25, 2018

Black Friday 2018

So here we go again!  This year I only hit up the Source Comics and Games, and of course my LGS Lodestone Coffee & Games.

The Source - 10% discount if I brought in a can good, and then another 10% with my membership card.  That is also on top of any deal they are putting out there.  I also like just buying stuff from this store because I want to keep them around.


I finally picked up a couple of these, but I think I could have gotten them cheaper around the summer time.  I have no idea why they are so much, and I have no idea why I felt like I needed to pick this up.  The foil lands were just from Core 2019.  You did get some special foil cards from Core 2019 that were specific to the Gift Pack, but they are all stupid chase cards that have no real value, and yes that is why I bought and opened one of them.  I am one of those suckers.


I also picked up my second Game Nights set.  I was only going to pick up one of them and keep it sealed, but after looking into it more I wanted to open it up and keep it around like I did with the Explorers of Ixalan game set.  I opened it and sleeved up each of the decks, this way if my son wanted to play we can just crack the decks and play a bit.

There are some Game Night only cards, but there is no way I am opening 3 more of these for those cards.


I also picked up some of these singles, and with 20% off they were really good deals!  I just love those Battlebond lands.  And yes, these are all for the collection.


I always just have to grab this card.  At the price it was set at along with the discount, I could send it on CardSphere right away.  I should be keep it around for a bit as a speculation, but that is what I am trying to get away from.


Ok, this was another speculation, and I am not supposed to do this, but I did.  But really, how can you pass up 20% off this at $10?  It was something I could not pass up.


And here is another speculation but I do think this one is going to make me a bit more.  I was able to pick these up at $25 with a 20% discount which brought them down to $20.  With the recent spike, and the graveyard love cards, I think I can make a nice profit on them.


And 4 of these.  I feel like every time I pick up one of these packs, it is like picking up an Alpha pack back in 1995.  I just don't know why, but it just does.  It was one of the better sets ever made, and the way WoTC is reprinting all the cards, I think these cards will have a pretty high value.  At some point the print of the card will be important, and with the lower print run of the entire set, I see the value only increasing for these printing.s

I also picked up some sleeves and deckboxes.

Lodestone - 20% discount on everything in the store and some special deals to get rid of their bulk.


So they had some extra cases of Core 2019, and they put a deal out for a booster box at $80.  I picked up one.


Here is another deal they had, and I decided to pick up another set of Commander 2018 decks for $20 each.  I mean, come on.  I don't care if they are not sought after right now, but 5 years from now they will be.


Now I do not like foils or Promo cards, but I do like Emrakul so I just had to snag these while I could at a 20% discount.  I ended up paying a large price for them, but I just wanted them for the collection.


So saw this and picked it up. Again I hate foils and promo cards, but these cards with out any writing are just cool, so for a while I have been trying to pick these up.


This one was a mistake.  I thought I needed it, so I picked one up, but looks like I already have it so now it is up on my CardSphere in the hopes that someone will want it and I can make my money back.  Let's just say that I now have a Note with all of these that I do currently have.

I also took this as an opportunity to help out my LGS and try and give back a little bit.  In my life, playing games has always been a good family building event and I always felt that it was silly to just give toys.  Giving a game will provide more entertainment and bonding.  It increases thought and problem solving skills.  All in all, in my mind games are just a better gift.

So I ended up just picking up a bunch of games and putting it in the Toys for Tots box.  Someday I hope I can bring my son up there to pick out some games that we are planning to donate to other less fortunate kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...