Thursday, March 22, 2018

Just keep swimming

Beta Card Count: 22
Unlimited Card Count: 29

So I know based on some of the more recent posts it looks like I might sell the collection, but there were some items from CardSphere that still needed to come in, so I just wanted to post a new update to show my new adds.

Here we go!

This was a very nice add.  Came from another trader that had some older cards, and felt it was nice to send to me because I was a collector.  It was much appreciated.

These two were just beautiful.  From the same sender, and just in great condition.  They had some play wear, but I consider them in great condition.  You can really appreciate the vibrant color from the Unlimited set cards.

Now, here are some long time wants that came in.  I have been looking for these versions of Arabian Nights cards for a while now.  With Arabian Nights, they had some cards with 2 different printings of the cards.  The colorless mana symbol had two different shades, and are considered part of a full set.  For a long time now, I have been in search of these different printings, and these were 3 new ones that came in!

You can see what I mean here, as the one on the right is the one I had.  The one on the left is the new one, with the lighter shade.  There are 6 more cards from that set that I am looking for with the lighter shade, and I find it interesting that the prices of those cards have more then quadrupled since my first search for them.

This here is one reason I hope I can pull myself out of this spiral down the OCD hole.  I am really starting to get some good items from CardSphere and this is one of them.  I am trading what I am sending away to get sealed product like this at the price I am listing it at.  Just fucking value.

People are going out and picking up items that I am looking for sealed so they can increase their CS balances for the economy.  Just fucking value.

They are seeing what I am looking for and fulfilling my orders.  I am using the site as a brokerage account.  I deposit my cards, sell them to get cash, and use that cash to get products I really want.  Just fucking value.

Never would I have thought I could get Sealed Fat Packs of sets of this age from a site that deals in Peer to Peer trading.  Just fucking value.

I keep looking at the Send list in CardSphere and I get small panic attacks.  Just from the thoughts of how much money I am losing by sitting on the sidelines and not shipping out.  I also cut down on my Wants list, so that no one sends me anything that would hit me too hard.  It is just the fact of having to sit in front of my computer, pulling the cards, getting the cards ready to ship, adjusting my inventory, shipping the cards, and everything that has to deal with getting things done, just not sure I can handle it right now.

I am hoping that I can get back into things, but there is a big chance I just step back and only pick up sealed product for the collection for a while.  I just really see CardSphere and buylisting as a huge venue to get to where I want to get, and all this sitting on the sideline is taking a big chunk out of that goal.  It just seems like my list is getting longer and longer while I sit on the sidelines.

There is no new updates to selling the collection, but we will see.  I still do not think I will sell to anyone.

2 comments:

  1. This is GettingThereGames from CS, and I just wanted to reach out to see if there was a way I can help boost your morale or help sharpen your focus? OCD is quite severe and I don't claim to have it, but I definitely understand what it is like to feel the stress of trying to focus on everything at once. I often find myself wasting time on perfecting something that doesn't really matter or will become irrelevant in a month or so. For example: I have about 500k+ in bulk (400k+ bulk common/uncommons, 20k bulk rares, 20k basic lands, and 10k bulk foil commons/uncommons) in which I would say 90% is sorted by set/alphabetically. I don't intend on buylisting most of these cards but I can't really help myself when I get a hold of the stuff.

    I don't as much organizing as I used to, but still get caught up in something from time to time. One thing I found that helped was having my girlfriend ask me what I am doing and why, a couple times each night so that I check my perspective to see if what is in front of me really needs to be done. I also started keeping an updated list of my priorities as far as keeping my inventory updated, my collection organized/tracked, and time to stand back to see if anything could possibly use improvement.

    As far as your collection, I am sure you know this but I would recommend piecing it out. Companies are going to have a hard time cutting it up to get their investment and profit back so they will low ball you. Depending on how you value your collection it might be easier to split it up by format, I would recommend going older to newer as a way to mentally divide it up.

    If you want to talk feel free to contact me on CS, Discord, Facebook: GTGCody, or gettingtheregames@gmail.com.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the note, this does help. I have really narrowed it down to new product and the collection I just purchased. I do need to post a new update this week, but I am slowly digging out of the hole as we speak. Just needed some time to regroup and figure out what I need to change.

      Delete

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...