Saturday, March 10, 2018

Why not...

Total Card Count: 73

This week on the same old MTG blog that we always do!

So yeah...  I just wanted to do some little pickups here and there.  I came into some money from my corporate job, and I wanted to go shopping a little bit.  Thinking about it now, I did what I always do and spend my cash on things I really don't need.  I basically went in looking for a foil Search for Azcanta and came out with a bunch of other things.

Now, all these items are going to be going into the collection and I have no plans on trying to trade these on Deckbox or CardSphere.

Here we go!

Let's start out with some more booster boxes that I bought with the idea of opening, and then when I got home the thought of having to sort all these cards, I just cant bring my self to crack the packs.  So they will go into the stack of boxes to sell at a later date.

BAM!  Finished Amonkhet!  I know, I pulled the trigger on these about 6 months to early, but hey I wanted to support my LGS Lodestone Coffee and Games, so I bought them at the higher Standard prices.

And here, Hour of Devastation.  So I just grabbed these because the rumor that WoTC is no longer printing this set and figured I would try and finish this set early.  Still need some cards to finish, so let's wait and see what happens.

Yeah, just wanted to grab these because they are awesome.  Basically I should have spent the money on buying the booster boxes and should have just loaded up on these.

Ok, so I decided to try and pick up all these Promos.  I really need to start making lists of these different cards so I don't over buy.

These and Mox Opals are cards I want to try and get play sets of.

Ok ok, so this is the third playset from the Commander 2011 set that I picked up.  It was at a lower price point of $35, but the main reason why I wanted these is because the thought of a better card ever being printed is unlikely.  Might as well pick these up after the reprint price drop.

I like extra turns.

Sideboard a go-go.

Now I grabbed these for my second playset because I did peek at the Dominaria spoilers and really wanted more Ugin Dragons.  Yeah, I am totally for team Ugin and I don't like team Bolas.

Oh wait, maybe it is team Karn?  Well by any means I like these folks better than the Phyrexian or Bolas.  I also think these cards are going to go the way of Tarmagoyf and just keep going up.  I think there will have to be at least 3 more reprints for this card to really go down in price.

Might as well, you know.  It has not been banned yet in Modern, and there is a possibility that it might, but this card is just too powerful not to try and put a play on this card.  Any deck I build will need 4 of these, so these are not going to be sitting in my inventory very long.

So this might be a play for speculation, but they will go into the collection.  This is just a good EDH card, and that is all that I need to say.

So yeah, I picked up a bunch of cards to bulk up my collection a bit.  Grabbing some cards that have a good chance to increase in price while providing me some good cards to play with.  I know, I need to stick to my lists, that is why I have them.

I guess this is just an update to know that I need to stop spending money that I don't need to.  The amount of cash I used in this transaction would have brought in some really good sealed boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...