Saturday, March 21, 2015

Spreadsheet Update - Collection Tab: Need Count (Color)










































So during my counting of all the cards I had, I hit an issue with how much space I needed for all the cards that I did not have yet.  I had 3200 count boxes, and moved to 3 row boxes that hold up to 4000 cards.  A lot of these cards would be in sleeves, and have card separators.  The question I had is how much space will I need for the rest of the cards, and I would need that count for both Vintage and Modern stacks.  And on top of that I would need to know per color how much space I would need.

I the added these columns to see how many of a color I needed on a per set basis.

Column J: White
Column K: Blue
Column L: Black
Column M: Red
Column N: Green
Column O: Gold
Column P: Colorless
Column Q: Artifact
Column R: Land

And then I populated the cells per color, per set with the data I collected from the Set Tabs.

Column J: ='Journey Into Nyx'!$A$42
Column K: ='Journey Into Nyx'!$A$43
Column L: ='Journey Into Nyx'!$A$44
Column M: ='Journey Into Nyx'!$A$45
Column N: ='Journey Into Nyx'!$A$46
Column O: ='Journey Into Nyx'!$A$47
Column P: ='Journey Into Nyx'!$A$48
Column Q: ='Journey Into Nyx'!$A$49
Column R: ='Journey Into Nyx'!$A$50

Reference this: http://dogonsiereht-mtg.blogspot.com/2014/05/spreadsheet-update-color-rarity-needs.html

So really I am taking this data I am collecting from all the Set Tabs and compiling it here for the total counts of all the colors based on sets needed to complete my collection.

Really, it is just a good way to know how many more cards I need to plan for in the boxes I have to finish.















Again, at the bottom I have the totals per collection stack and what is required to finish.  Also, I have updated spreadsheet today to remove the standard totals.  The sets switched out so frequently I just felt it silly to keep up with those counts.

Legacy Totals
Column J: =SUM(J2:J9)+SUM(J19:J26)+SUM(J36:J43)+SUM(J45:J65)
- This will get applied to each column with the same cells in that column.

Modern Totals
Column J: =SUM(J10:J17)+J23+J44+SUM(J66:J104)
- This will get applied to each column with the same cells in that column.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...