Saturday, March 21, 2015

Battle Royale, Beatdown, Duels of the Planeswalker

Well well well...

Love me some ABU Games! Found at http://www.abugames.com/

I know there are a lot of LGS with online shops, but honestly where can you go to seriously find everything?  Now I do have to admit that for anything new that comes out I will to to Mead Hall Games because I love supporting my LGS, or sometimes I will head up to the Source Comics & Games to see what they have.  But when I am looking for some rare small set, or some card that no one in their right mind would collect, I head over to ABU Games.

You can pretty much find everything you ever wanted on this site.  Their prices will never be lower that TCGPlayer.com, but the accuracy of the cards is spot on.  Now they are no StarCityGames.com, but they give you what you are looking for at a fair price.

Lets just take a reference of the prices out there today for Beatdown sealed.

eBay: $199.98, $99.99, $79.99
TCGPlayer: Only Singles
Alter Reality Games: Only Singles
Star City Games: Only Singles
Channel Fireball: Only Singles
Ideal808: Only Singles

ABUGames: $149.99

Now this is just one example, but really these guys take the time to stock all the cards you might be looking for.  I am all for supporting your local game store, and if you need to branch out there are online gaming stores that you can find what you need.  I tend to mostly lean towards ABU Games, just because I like their service, and they always have what I am looking for.

Now I know you could say that there was a seller on eBay for $79.99, why didn't just buy that set and save myself $70?  Well I consider cash and my spending power as a resource, and I like to use that resource to provide support to places that I enjoy so they can continue running their business.  ABU Games and Mead Hall Games have gained my trust providing me with a selection and service that I have come to value, so I will always go to those stores first to find my Magic the Gathering needs.

Besides, I have no idea who is selling that product on eBay.  It could be a scam, it could be someone that just stole a bunch of cards from someone and now are trying to unload them on the cheap, or it could be product not in the condition as posted.  Either way, I would rather support a company providing a service for the community of the game I enjoy, looking out for the best interest of that community so that it can stay in business.  After all, why would a good gaming store want to rip off it's repeat customers?  It does not make good business sense.

I feel that spending the extra $70 at ABU Games, or any LGS is well worth it to keep them in business.  Keeping them in business will allow me to keep buying the card game that I love.  I will always pay a premium to them for that reason.

I never even knew these sets were sets until I started looking up Archenemy back in 2012, and I seriously never thought I would be able to get some of these for my own.

So here we go with the new adds:










No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...