Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Online Trading - Deckbox.org

Found it, love it!

www.deckbox.org

Seriously the greatest thing I have found for trading.  I know you can sell on eBay, and you can trade to stores, or carry all your trading fodder around and trade at the LGS, but if you are looking for the throw away rares, and looking to make trades that you would normally not find at a LGS, this site is for you.

The way it works is you post your tradelist, and then create your wishlist.  You start out with zero trades and you just start trading.  You can search for specific cards, and you can also just do a search for things that are on your wishlist.  The site does a wonderful job with matching up things on your wishlist to things on others tradelists, and then posts the matches on other traders profile pages.  This means you don't need to sift through all the pages of cards on other traders pages, and you can just hit the profile pages to see if there is a good trade matchup.

Now, if you are a new trader, you will most likely ship first.  Usually you will need to get to over 10 trades before people feel better about trading with you.  Now I have only really had a couple of issues with traders on the site, but nothing pointing to straight up evil people.  Most of the issues I have had were just not very organized people.  Most of the time you can tell who those people are by looking at their tradelist.  Usually when people have un-updated lists, or don't use the condition posting accurately, or don't update the editions the cards are in, then they are more than likely a bad trader.

Granted there are some people that have been on the site for quite some time, and they were early adopters where some of the options were not available, but the site has made it really easy to add and remove cards from your tradelist.  Hopefully I can get to more blogging and share my different ways I have been able to do this quite quickly.

The Forums for BTR (Bad Trade Reports) is very useful as well, and I highly suggest sticking with waiting 2 weeks before opening something up.  I have had issues with shipments not getting to me, I have had issues with my packages getting to other people, and I have had issue with tracking not showing up.

Either way, check out the site.  I have a lot more to share about this site, but just wanted to put this out there as I am trying to do more blogging, and will update some other posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...