Thursday, July 19, 2018

This is a long one!

Card Count: 414

Well it has been a bit and there were a lot of stuff that has been released.  We recently had the Core 2019 set release.


With this set we got a bunch of reprints, but we also need to try and get a playset.  This set release increased the card count by +197 cards.  If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know I do not like Core set releases because I hate having to collect playsets of reprints.  What I really hate about this set are the Planeswalker desks!


These fucking things.  Not only do they keep making these deck, they decided to make 5 of them instead of just 2, and now I am officially done with them.  What a waste of capital.  I could just pick up another sealed booster box than try and grab these.  I will try and put up a bunch on CardSphere to pick up cheap, but I am not going to try for these anymore.  It is a waste for my budget and if WoTC is just going to put out crap I am not going to buy them anymore.

I will keep track of the cards, but very close to just removing them from the collection all together.


And these stupid things are back...  I am going to stick with just getting the decks and not picking up the deck printed only cards.  So what is happening here, WoTC is putting crappy reprints in these decks, but you can only get the cards from these decks.  So in order to get a playset, I would have to ask my LGS for 4 of these decks so I can have my playset.

These decks are out there for free to get newer players playing MTG, and they are not for sale.  So for me to try and get 4 sets of these cards is just stupid.  I am just going to get 1 set of these and leave it at that.  Taking free cards from newer players is bad enough, trying to get a playset of these stupid things is just greedy.


This is what my collection of Core 2019 looks like after sorting and sleeving.  I just need to make my labels and put them in the Standard shoe box for my Standard decks.

I had done my pre-order for the set, and you are now able to pick up the booster boxes at pre-release instead of 1 week after, so I needed to go up to the LGS and grab my Bundles I have been collecting.


And while I was up there, I might was well grab some Core 2019 cards I need for my playsets!  I know!  I know!  I am supposed to wait until after rotation to get them!  Well this is another reason I am not buying so much sealed to crack, because I always need to buy something from my LGS, so I might as well buy things I need, and not pick up things for the trade binder.


I figured I should grab all the Elder Dragons I need because I can see these going up in price with Commander ideas.


Yes I am one of those guys that picked up some of these at the increased price, but I have always made the mistake in not picking up Liliana right after release and the price just goes up higher, so I just grab these to be done with it.


And yes, I picked up my playset of these because.  There is no deck I needed these for.  I just wanted to be done with these as well.  I know I could have waited for these, but I can see that Core 2019 not being opened a lot, and these creeping up.  Well, that is what I am telling myself with this one.


I also grabbed some of these because I want all of these.  Come on!  Dual lands for multiplayer games?  And they are below $10?!  I am picking up as many of these as I can.


Oh yeah I don't collect promo cards...  Total impulse buy.  I did not need this card, nor did I want this card.  I recently picked up my second playset of the normal printed card, but I for some reason wanted this one too.  I am still not planning on collecting the promo cards, but you never know...


I can't forget about CardSphere!  This sexy thing came in from 1 trader along with another sealed booster box.  But it is the first booster box from the block, and he let me know that he had another one when I had enough balance for the send.  I just love getting booster boxes!


And the first Ravnica block is done!  I have to admit, I am very happy to get this one from CS and not having to buy this box.  To be able to get a $600+ booster box from the site really tells you about the community.  It really has some legs to be able to pickup this.  I am very happy!  Come join me on CS and help me get my referral badges by signing up with this link!

https://www.cardsphere.com/ref/711/e4031f


Last but not least, Art Book for Dominaria!  I know I keep picking up these books, but it really sucks sometimes being a collector.  I really want to crack the book to read, but as a collector I won't allow myself to do it.  I hope to run into someone with these books opened so I can enjoy them.  And no, I am not going to by 2 of them so I can open one and keep one sealed.  But that does sound like a good idea.

So my day job should be a lot less stressful, and we got through the hell weekend that we had been planning for over a year for.  I hope to be able to post a bit more now, and maybe share some more of my collection.

So yeah!  I hope to have some more posts soon.  I am getting in some new stuff in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...