Saturday, June 30, 2018

What to do, what to do...

Total Card Count: 148


Someone from CardSphere asked to see a picture of my sealed collection, so I thought I would post it here too.  Not sure what type of interest there is to seeing my collection, but here we are.  Let me know if more would like to see what my collection looks like.

This is only my sealed collection, and it is missing the Commander decks I have on another shelf.  I also am not sharing my sealed stuff that I use for trading and drafting.


Went up to Lodestone to finally pick up my Global Series deck set.  I did only pick up 1 of these, because I am treating them like Duel Decks and picking up 1 of each.

I also grabbed a bunch of stuff for Dominaria, but I inventoried them before I could take pictures, but you can see that the card count is lower than previously posted.

I did get my second Teferi and Arena Rector for the collection.  In addition, I picked up another playset of Mox Ambers.  Why would I do that?  Because I really like the card.  I think it is a really good Commander card, and I think someone will make a Legacy deck that uses it.  It is one of those cards that I would rather pick up another playset at $11 than $60 later.  I just think it is going to go up in price much further out of rotation.

So yeah, kind of just sitting around waiting for my M19 to get released.  I did pick up another case of Dominaria from Alpha Investments for speculation, and I could grab another one later on in the year.  I really think they are going to trickle the availability of the set and it is not going to have a large print run.  I honestly think we are heading back to Pre-RTR printing levels.  I could be wrong, but I think they are going to sell out of these new sets faster than people think, so I might as well grab them while I can.

I am not sure if I am going to get more of M19 than my pickup for the collection.  I really like the set, but it is a reprint set.  I just do not see the sealed product holding value than expansion sets.  I did grab more Battlebond than normal, but that is cause of the lands.  I also grabbed more Ixalan then I needed, but again because of the land.  M19 is just a cool set and I would rather just invest my cash in the playset and call it a day.

I am still up in the air of the new Ravnica block.  Pretty sure I am just going to get my case and try and get my playset, and do the whole speculation of more sealed product if it plays well.  Dominaria is a no brainer based on home much people love drafting the set.  It is like Innistrad.  People just love that set, so might as well grab some sealed for later on.

So yeah, not a lot of pictures this post.  Off to fix my toilet with my cousin.  Let me know if seeing pictures of my collection is something people want to see.

2 comments:

  1. I want to see more picture! As someone with a massive collection I always like seeing how people manage theirs. Did you make those cabinets or have to buy extra shelves for them to mitigate your sealed product? Is there an order in which the boxes get places?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, sorry for the delay in a response, I had a pretty busy couple weeks since posting this, and I am just about to try and post something new.

      My late father actually made those shelves for me. They were initially for my CD and DVD collection, but that was a long time ago, so I repurposed them for Magic the Gathering sealed product. Surprisingly, DVD cases match pretty spot on for sealed booster boxes.

      The order is based on release. So on the right shelf I have older sets on the bottom, and the newer releases go up. I do keep my Core sets separate near the top. All Master sets are toward the top.

      In the middle shelf I I keep mostly Fat Packs I am trying to collect, and then any other sealed product I am trying to collect. On that far left shelf I have tradable sealed product and what I use for decks. That is also my supply shelves with top loaders and such.

      I will try and post more, just easing into it now.

      Thanks for checking out the blog! Give me any feedback you want to. I love hearing what people are actually interested in.

      Delete

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...