Saturday, June 23, 2018

Where have you been?

Alpha Card Count: 230

So, I have been AFK for a bit.  Multiple reasons, all the same players with work and family, but also it is summer time.  With the new baby, and good weather, comes spending time outside away from my office.  But really, work has been kicking my ass.  There are times when people in my life say the phrase, "This is why you make the big bucks..." it really did hold true within the last 3 weeks.

My company is trying to do work that would take a year to complete, and ram it into 3 months, so everyone at my company is crabby and working long hours.  But the end is at the back end of July, just in time for GP Minneapolis and PT 25 in Minneapolis, so I am not complaining.  I just need to make it though this summer.

I should have a ton of PTO to use up at that time, so I hope to catch up with some more content around then.  So for now, I was able to make it to the Source Comics and Games to browse through their shelves and found this beauty!


That is right!  Alpha common!


I was also able to pick up my pre-order of the new Spellbook product.  I only pre-ordered 2 of the, but the store had a lot more so I asked if I could get 5.  I wanted to have a playset of them along with 1 sealed to keep in the collection.  Luckily they agreed to my wants and I got my 5 packs.

I liked the FTV series a lot more, but considering all the cards they were throwing out there, a refresh of product was a welcome change.  They were just putting out worse and worse products with newer and newer cards.  Not much of a vault feeling.

I have also put in my pre-order for M19 with a case from Lodestone and I will just pick up a couple Bundles when I grab the case.  Again, if I want to get some more sealed to speculate on the set, I will pick them up from Rudy.  But considering these are standard set boxes, I know I can get cases from my LGS for only $10 more, which in the end you all know I do not mind spending money at my LGS to support them.  And considering I give Rudy $20 a month it pretty much evens out with just buying from my LGS.

I still need to pick up my pre-order of the new international series, but I am not in a hurry for that one.  I never liked the Duel Decks either, but just bought them to keep the collection going.

So yeah, lots going on that is not hobby based, but getting a lot done.  I have even slowed way down on my CardSphere trading due to lack of time.  I do hope to pick up on that work once the summer hell is over.  Hope to see more updates in Aug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...