Thursday, May 30, 2019

A funny thing happened with BCW

Total Trade Count: 206,770
Total Foil Count: 3,742

I have been posting more and more into the Reddit-verse, sharing more and more of my experiences.  And with that sharing I have had some really cool conversations.  Today was no different.

A while back I posted to someone looking to see how some other folks might be storing their collections, so I decided to share a picture of what I do.

Reddit Link

Here is the Picture:

Just for reference, the tall rack is my Modern Collection minus the Standard cards.

There was not a lot of communication on that posting, and I think I was the only one to share anything, but a few days later someone from BCW hit me up and asked if they can share my picture I posted on the BCW site.

If you have been reading my blog, you know that I occasionally buy supplies from BCW.  Since I do a lot of trading, and I send out a lot of cards, I have had to make purchases for shipping supplies.  What better way to get those supplies than go right to the source and buy in bulk!

Shop at BCW!

I used to pick up my BCW supplies at my LGS, but since I needed a large quantity of supplies I had to buy in bulk in order to save a little money.  There was also an issue with my LGS not having enough of what I was looking for, as I can only assume it is rare to have someone come in looking for 50 3 Row 3000 count BCW boxes.

https://www.bcwsupplies.com/super-shoe-storage-box-3000-cards

I am always for buying things at your LGS, I just needed to buy more than what a LGS would normally expect to sell to a customer, so I decided to just go to the source.

In the early days of trying to meet my collection goals I would receive more cards than I do now, so I would get a lot of shipping supplies from those traders.  Now I am in the position where I am mostly sending cards, so I have to make sure I have enough supplies to be able to ship properly.  This includes team bags, top loaders, and penny sleeves, and since I send in such higher numbers I also needed to buy in bulk.

Then there is the storage and organization of my collection, and with my collection being so large, I am constantly looking for better ways to protect that investment.  Not only do I want to try and protect the cards, but I want to be able to find the cards easy and put them away so I can find them again when I need them.

In my previous blog about why I decided to go with BCW storage box:

https://dogonsiereht-mtg.blogspot.com/2014/06/collection-storage.html

In this entry I go through my thought process on why I decided to go with these boxes.  Let me tell you, I am super happy with the choice I made back in 2014.  I am able to organize everything to my liking, and the expansion of my collection has never been easier.  And the taller boxes with wider rows I am able to fit cards stored in top loaders along with all my other cards, so I do not need to keep those cards separate.  They just fit so well into the wire racks, and I have found that the weight of 3 of these boxes full of Magic the Gathering cards is not too much for the boxes to handle.

I have actually expanded using these boxes on my bulk trade cards that I accrue in picking up new sets and collections.

So yeah, this BCW person wrote to me asking if they could share my picture of how I use their product and I was more then excited to allow them to share it.  I just love their products, and buying products from them is very easy to do.  With that, I asked them if they would mind if I blogged about this interaction, just because it is super cool that a vendor thinks what I do is cool!  They offered to share my blog after I wrote it, so if you are reading this from their link, "Welcome to my Blog!"

I guess I am just a fan boy, and think it is neat they took an interest in what I do with their products!

I would also like to add that this is not a sponsored link, or anything like that.  They do not pay me to use their products, and I have been using their products for a very long time (over 20 years).

CardSphere update:


This lovely set came in, and finished out my Guild Kit basic land needs.  CardSphere is just a wonderful tool in getting cards like this in.  It just works so well.


And yet another reason to love CardSphere.  This came in, finished out my Mirrodin block for sealed product, and put me at needing 5 more booster boxes to finish up my Sealed phase of collecting.  Just amazed on what I am able to pick up with this site, and I love it!

Lodestone Coffee and Games Update:


I had an afternoon and wanted to stop up at my FLGS to see what they had.  I am still trying to finish out my Ultimate Masters set, so heading up there to see if they brought anything new in, and it is always a great excuse to stop by.  I was able to snag these, just cause I wanted to have a second playset of this Man-Land card.


I also picked up another one of these.  I just think this is a great card, and I will pick up as many of these as I can.

One thing that people do not advertise about their FLGS are the conversations they have.  The interaction I get to have with the folks up at my FLGS is just great.  I think I spent a good chunk of time just going over how excited we are about Modern Horizons, and all the brews we are planning to make with the new set.  It is just wonderful to have a place to go and talk about the things we love.

Bragging time!


CardSphere just celebrated their 2nd Anniversary and they posted their numbers.  I ended up on their top 20 list of traders that have sent the most cards, and I was second!  That is just insane!  I mean I know I have sent and received a ton of cards when I was on Deckbox.org, but to see that I am on a top 20 list is just cool!


And then I also ended up on the top 20 list for All-Time Senders for the Value of Cards being sent at 6th place!  I do have to credit Woadworks for a lot of it since I was trading with him the most towards the end of 2018, but hot damn!  I am in the top 10!

Come Trade with me on CardSphere!

BCW, CardSphere Top 20 Lists, finishing up my sealed collection!

Just a ton of stuff happened this last week, and very excited to be writing this update!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...