Thursday, August 29, 2013

Theros PreOrder - The Source Comics and Games


Today is the day of the first day to purchase pre-orders for the first set in the new Block.  I will be heading up to the Source since they have the best deal on any and all pre-orders.  They only charge $80 per box, but only for pre-order.  Outside of that they charge list price on everything after pre-order.

http://www.sourcecomicsandgames.com/

UPDATE:


Got my 10 pre-orders.  So the way the Source works is you pay for the pre-order and you get a small card, then on the day of the release they exchange the card for the box.  Now if you lose the card, then you are completely out of luck.  They do not keep any records of who bought what.

On the date of the set release they actually stay open Thursday night until midnight.  That way you can pick your new cards up at midnight the day of the release.  Now I know, you have the cards, so what is the point in staying up in line waiting for your cards when you can just pick them up in the morning.  It is pretty fun though.  Standing in line, talking to people, everyone excited about the new set.  Some nights when it is below zero, not worth it, but for the most part it is worth it.

I am a bit too old to stay up that late, so I just pick them up when the store opens, but I do miss standing in line.

Nugget of importance:
The Source usually sells out the first day of pre-order, but what people don't know is that they have a sister store that also does pre-order.  They only have 10 boxes to do the pre-order with, but if you do find that you missed out on the Source pre-order, give Uncle Sven's a call.  They might still have some boxes left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...