Friday, December 20, 2019

There really is a slow down

Total Trade Count: 203,202
Total Foil Count: 3,744

Total Need Count: 1895

This is the second December update, but the only reason I wanted to get this in was to circumvent an update before the year end review update.  I did get some interesting things in, and I am still on target to just picking up sealed product for the collection and I am going to just pick up everything in paper after rotation.  I am not even opening up any sealed product until I feel better about the way things are going.

I have not yet figured out what I am going to do about selling the collection, there seems to be a large downturn on prices so I might wait until things pick back up.  That might just be an excuse to wait this out and not sell, but the more and more I just don't look at the cards anymore.

There is a large part of me that thinks to just stop buying and move on with what I have.  Always keeping the cards and playing with what I have with my friends, but I am still thinking about it.  I am also still going through and grading every card, so that is going to take me a while anyway.

Vintage



I picked up some more cards for the Unlimited set, and now I am only in need of 9 more cards to fill out that set.  These came in from CardSphere, so I am happy some folks are trying to liquidate their older cards while we see the drop in prices.


Here is the other Vintage trade I got.  I know, this is not just in Vintage play, but considering the set they are from, I am calling them Vintage cards and you will just have to deal with it.

Sealed


This was a surprise!  I never get sealed product from CardSphere, but there you go!  Someone sent me this lovely Fat Pack from Conflux and it fits nicely in the collection!

Speculation


I know right!  I am still getting these cards in from CardSphere.  It is still a long bet that these will turn out to be worth anything, but I am just going to say it again.  "Moxen will always prove out to be worth something."  In this game we play, the Moxen always prove out to be worth something.  Mox Opal, Mox Amber, it does not matter.  Someone somewhere will use this card in some way that will prove it's worth.


This is another long bet, but it just plays so well in EDH.  Just too much value.


So this is two trades, and the second time we decided to pick up Ugin's Nexus.  Right now I am only sitting on 35 of them, but I still feel like there is some wicked combo that could turn this card into something special.

Secret Lair

So this was something I just had to get.


I did it.  I am not ashamed!  Ok maybe a little bit.


Of course I needed to get two, one to open and one to keep sealed.














I don't know if I bought them for the collectability or because I am a completionist, but either way I have them in the collection.  They are interesting, but I never play with Foils.  I am not even putting them with the other cards.  They are going into the promo folder, and I have no real desire to use them in decks.  Maybe if I build out a pimped out cube I would use them, but for now they are just there and I don't really care.

I really want to say that it is because it is the first of it's kind, and it is always a good thing to pick up the first printing of anything WoTC puts out.  But I am really not satisfied with this purchase.  But that is also why I am just becoming less and less interested in collecting MTG cards.








And here are the secret lair cards.  I think there are some valuable card, but again I don't care about foils.  I did get a couple of Gideons so that sucks.

All in all some collection cards, some sealed pickups, some speculation cards.  But I am still just down and out about collecting while I consider my move to the new cards coming out in Jan.  Just so much product to pick up, I just get so sad trying to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...