Sunday, October 13, 2019

Rotation is now done

Total Trade Count: 204,260
Total Foil Count: 3,753

Total Need Count: 2,030

Today is just an update, and I am bored. 

Rotation occurred and I just finished sorting all the sets that have rotated out into my Modern and Legacy collections.  Not sure how many rotations I will be around for after this one.

The only thing keeping me in MTG is the fact that I do not have anything else to do.  I have been considering liquidating the collection and transferring it into equities and debt, but we will have to wait and see.  For now, I am still an EDH player and the collection will stay at least until my son gets old enough to not want to play the game.  Or if I really get a bug in my butt, and I just start to sell everything.  I just don't know yet.

I can tell you this much, I am just trying to finish out the sets that I have left, and I will pick up sealed booster boxes to keep up, but no more speculation or buying singles that I do not plan to use in an EDH deck.  Throne of Eldraine will be my last set that I complete a playset of, at least until I change my mind.

Throne of Eldraine


Here is my pre-order, and yes it is only three boxes.  Since the Mythic Edition boxes have gone away I needed 1 for the collection, 1 to trade later, and 1 to open.  I have yet to open anything, so we will see what happens.


Of course I got my 2 Bundles as well.  I will more than likely keep up with the Bundle and Booster box for the collection, but I will no longer be opening any of it.  I will just pick up the singles if I keep up with that part of collecting.


Here are those Collector Boosters and the Buy-a-Box promos you get for pre-ordering, and I will not be opening those at all.  I consider them a huge waste of money.  The only reason I have these is because they came with my pre-order.


Ok so these are pretty cool, but I think I am saying that because I like EDH so much.  I do hope they keep up with these type of releases.


And finally these sacks of shit...  See, just too much stuff to buy of the exact same thing...  What is the point?

SDCC 2019


So I did pick this up after market off of eBay.  I missed the Hasbro site release because of a work meeting, so there it is.  A full $50 more than list price, but hey I missed it.  Lucky I was able to buy this with credit on a no interest for 6 months deal.  $25 a month, worth it.

Vintage






Not going to lie, this is the only thing I am really happy about.  I am down to needing 13 more cards to finish my Unlimited set.  Most of these cards came in through CardSphere, but that Disk I was able to pick up at my FLGS - Lodestone.  Picking up the older cards is really the only thing I truly enjoy now, and to actually have a full set of Unlimited and Beta is still a dream I am hoping to complete.

Modern Horizon

This is a set that I think is cool, and it was a big success.  I am still picking up cards I need here and there.  Mostly acquiring cards off of CardSphere, but it is slow as it goes with them.





Ok so I was picking up as many Mox Tantalites as I could, only because anything with Mox in the front of the name goes up in price at some point.  Case in point, Mox Amber.  No one thought that card was going to do anything, and now look at it.  $25+ right now because someone figured out a way to put it in a deck and do something with it.  Might as well pick up these at $4 while you can.








Outside of The First Sliver, everything up here is just what I needed to finish out my playsets.  Prices have been slowly dropping, so I have been able to pick some of these up.  I still need to snag the land cycle, but that will be coming around XMas time.  People really start dumping their collections right about this time, so I can assume the supply of cards will increase from now until the end of the year.

If you wanted a tip thought, that Sliver is a good spec.  All the WUBRG Sliver Legendary creatures end up $80 at some point.

Conclusion

I might still try and pick up some cards that I think are going to do well in the long run, but right now I am just going to avoid new products for a while.  I will pick up things to keep sealed, just because it is never easy getting all the sealed product you are looking for after they go out of rotation.  It is much cheaper to pick them up at pre-order, and then pick up the singles after rotation.

Well that is until the player base goes way down, and boxes do not get opened up as much, then just pick up a little extra sealed product to trade into LGS credit to pick up on trades.

I am not saying that I am leaving MTG, but I am taking a break for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break time

I am going to be taking a break from updating my blog until I start doing more with Magic the Gathering.  I am not going to sell the collect...